CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Macro's

I have been practicing macro's for awhile now but haven't posted any yet so this is my first real macro's. I would love some CC on these because something about my macro's are not doing it for me and Im not sure what it is, am I being to picky, are they out of focus, is the comp not right? Give me your opinion please. I forgot to mention but all these flowers are about the size of my finger nail so they are tiny which they don't look like they are.





7 comments:

Michelle said...

i like your DOF in these...and your color is great too. maybe if you fill the frame more? i don't know-check out michy's work or maybe ask her-she does some awesome macros.

Jen said...

LOL Teri...one word for the Keith Urban thing....MAGIC..LOL!
I love that last shot...Really pretty colors.

Mom2Drew said...

I'm no macro queen, but...here's what I've learned. Use a tripod and a remote. Seriously, if you have time to do that...it will make a remarkable difference. Try to fill the frame with just one flower or part, without a lot of background interference. Experiement with different DOFs too, some flowers call for every detail to be in focus and others...left a little to the imagination. I think it takes practice, something I'm still doing a lot.

Jan said...

Beautiful shots. I love macros... I think I would like some of them better if you could fill more of the frame with the focal flower with less distracting backgrounds. Out of these, the last one is my favorite... Beautiful color and dof. Great job!! I know macro stuff is SO hard... I look forward to more from you!

bprincephoto said...

I can't help with the macro. Love the advice you have so far though. I like the last shot best, color and comp are great.

Tera Fraley said...

these flowers are so pretty! I think you did a great job, good colors and excellent clarity

Sara said...

I like the last one the most. If I remember from michy's blog, she uses lights/flash to pop her colors with her macros.
I respect you macro shooters so much. Not my thing...