CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Oil Painting technique

Although I need some more practice using Corel painter X It doesn't look to bad. This is my beautiful Neice Jeena, I was able to take her braces out which was harder than the painting itself. I have another favorite picture of my Nephew that I will also do the oil painting on and post when I get it done. Ok this really did print so much prettier and more colorful than it looks on the blog, why is it the colors and quailty is not very good on the blogs?

6 comments:

Mom2Drew said...

I'm TOTALLY empathizing with you on the color issue, It's so frusturating!!!

Great shot by the way and I know it must look that much better the "real" way the colors are supossed to look you know?

Michelle said...

well, it looks like the color would be awesome! and you did a great job of getting rid of braces! wow.

Trisha said...

I want to try this so bad, but I can't afford to buy Corel. The pictures always look so cool with the painted effect!

Me said...

You didn't ask for CC, but I thought I'd throw one out there...from one painter to another...real painting would not have those pinlights in the eyes. Next time, darken over the pinlight and paint in new rectangular catch lights (or whatever shape you prefer).

It almost looks like you have a film over your blog. When I clicked to enlarge the photo, the colors were perfect. Strange...???

Thanks for the comment on my blog. Yes, the location is near my home.

bprincephoto said...

wonderful. she sure is pretty and I'd love to see the real thing.

cherie said...

this is beautiful both photo and the girl!